Umanity Inc. (hereafter the Company) handles personal information appropriately in accordance with laws and other related regulations on the protection of personal information, as well as takes appropriate measures for managing them safely.
- [Definition of Personal Information]
- [Purpose of Use of Personal Information]
- On the Site, we ask users to enter personal information when registering a user's profile for membership registration and when applying for campaigns/presents and we record the information in a database.
The registered information will be used specifically for the following purposes.
(1) Membership inquiry in order to provide our services
(2) Invoicing usage fees for the members using a fee-based services
(3) Notification necessary to the operation of the Site, such as updates/changes, running campaigns, gathering applicants for presents and announcing winners.
(4) Publicity, advertisements and/or sales solicitations by the Company and third parties. In addition, customization for ad distribution.
(5) Packing/shipping of campaign prizes and products.
(6) Dissemination of our mail magazine.
(7) Improving services and/or providing new services.
(8) Other purposes, such as contacting users when it is deemed that urgent contact is necessary.
In addition, this site records the access log of the person who accessed it.
The access log includes information such as the domain name and IP address of the person who accessed it, the type of browser used, the date and time of access, and the source of the link, but this is not personally identifiable.
The acquired access log analyses the information and uses it for research and development of new products and services according to hobbies and preferences, but will not be used for any other purpose.
- [Management of Personal Information]
- As a safety management measure for the personal information held, we have formulated basic policies, established internal rules, and taken organizational, human, physical, and technical safety management measures.
In addition, the database in which the personal information of members of this site is registered is managed after the person in charge of management within "Umanity" and the business partner contracted by "Umanity" have concluded a confidentiality obligation contract in advance.
The database in which personal information of members of the Site is registered is managed by the in-house administrator of Umanity and/or business partners with contracts with Umanity, only after they have concluded our confidentiality agreement.
In the following cases, we may disclose user's personal information to a third party.
(1) When necessary to share and/or disclose information to a business partner with whom we have concluded a confidentiality agreement for the purposes of maintaining/managing the system of the Site.
(2) When necessary to share and/or disclose information to a business partner with whom we have concluded a confidentiality agreement in order to consign the shipment of presents.
(3) When a member agrees to disclosure of his/her information.
(4) When a formal inquiry is made by the police or courts, etc., based on laws and regulations.
(5) Other, in serious situations that require urgency for the member, the Company or a third party.
- [Procedures for Deleting Personal Information or Terminating Use]
- If a member himself asks us to delete his personal information, terminate use or cancel membership, we will handle the request after confirming the identity of the person.
- [Protection of Personal Information at Linked Sites]
- The Company cannot bear responsibility for securing the safety of personal information on websites that link from the Site.
- [Inquiry about Our Policies]
- If you have any questions about how we handle personal information, please use the inquiry form.
- In the event there is an important change to our policy, we will provide notification via the Site. Please confirm the latest information about other changes as needed on the Site. Please understand that we shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for problems that arise from failure to confirm the information.
- For inquiries, please use the https://umanity.jp/en/inquiry_form.php.